(VIDEO) Davis Vantage Vue Maintenance How-To
Steps to clean your Vantage Vue:
- Clean out the debris in the cone. Remove the debris screen and use a pipe cleaner or brush to clean it off. Replace the debris screen in the cone. For greatest accuracy, clean your rain collector a few times a year.
- Unscrew the thumb screw to release the tipping spoon.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the tipping spoon. When necessary, use mild soap and water. Rinse well. Reattach to the sensor suite.
- Clean the exterior shield with a damp cloth.
- Once a year, remove the shield for a thorough cleaning: Take apart the radiation shields using a Philips screwdriver to remove the two screws. Place your hands under the shields as you remove the last screw so they don't fall apart. Keep the shields in the same order that were in when you removed them. Set aside the shields.
- Use a brush to clean the mesh. When necessary, use mild soap and water. Be sure to rinse and dry thoroughly before placing back on the sensor. Do NOT spray any water on the sensor.
- Replace the radiation shields. Again, be sure they stay in the same order as when they were removed.