(VIDEO) Davis Vantage Pro2 Maintenance How-To
How to clean your Vantage Pro2 in order to keep it running in tip-top shape. This maintenance video shows you what needs to be done and how to do it to take care of your weather station.
What you'll need: Soft cloth, Philips screwdriver, Allen wrench, Soft-bristled brush, Optional: mild soap, water
Steps to clean your Vantage Pro2:
- Clean the UV sensor with a soft cloth and, when necessary, denatured alcohol. Don't touch the diffuser with your hands.
- Clean the solar radiation sensor with a soft cloth, dampened with water. Don't touch the diffuser with your hands.
- Remove debris screen and clean out the debris in the cone. For greatest accuracy, clean your rain collector a few times a year.
- We recommend that you open the transmitter shelter (the white box with the solar panel on the front) and disconnect the sensors from the interface before continuing so that you don't add false data when you touch the sensors.
- Remove the rain cone from the sensor suite.
- Use a damp cloth to clean the tipping buckets. When necessary, use mild soap and water. Rinse well. Also clean the rain collector drains.
- Take apart the radiation shields using a Philips screwdriver to remove the three screws. Place your hands under the shields as you remove the last screw so they don't fall apart.
- Set aside all but the top plate, which has the sensor, until you're ready to put it back together.
- Use a soft-bristled brush to clean the mesh. If there's a lot of debris, you can take the basket off and use mild soap and water to clean the mesh. Rinse well before returning it to the sensor.
- Remove the wind cups with an Allen wrench. Use a damp cloth to wipe the shaft. Use mild soap and water to clean the wind vane and cups. Rinse well, then reconnect the cups.